Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Date Nights

Thomas and I started a new tradition last year for Valentines Day. We went on a date together without the children on Valentines Day, and then the next night Thomas took the girls on a Valentines Date and I took the boys! It was a huge hit.

This year since Valentines was Sunday, Thomas and went and saw Blindside and ate at Red Robin (one of my favorite places in the WHOLE entire world) on Friday night, and then Saturday I took the boys on a date and dad took the girls on a date. The kids got to choose where we went, no questions asked.

The boys chose The Beehive. It's a fun little pizza place here in Brigham with an arcade inside. I gave them some money to spend where ever they wanted while they waited for their dinner to be ready! Then after dinner they had some money left and wanted to go and play air hockey. It was hillarious. Marshall can just barely see above the table, but with all his enthusiasm, he kept the second game tied up until the very end! I wonder if Benjamin was letting him get in a few shots. He's cute that way!!


My boys!!! If Marshall were 7 years older, I'd wonder if they were twins!!!

(ignore the quality of the cell phone pics, believe it or not, I don't take my camera with me everywhere I go!)
The girls chose to go to a Chinese buffet place that's new in town. Stephanie LOVES egg drop soup, and at Beijing Buffet you can have all the egg drop soup you want, and your kid sister can eat jello till her eyes pop out! (is jello a chinese food . . .) I'm sure dad found somthing worth eating as well. I don't have any pics of the girls with dad. Dad's don't usually take a camera with them wherever they go either!!!!!
We had a blast! It's kinda fun to celebrate Valentine's day with you kids. A little less pressure, and it's okay to talk about Dodge Ram trucks the whole time! (see previous post) At least Benjamin said it was a suitable date topic!!


4 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

What a cute idea!! I'm sure the kids love it. I never pictured jello as a "chinese" food. But I think our canton buffet also serves jello. Weird! Happy Valentines!!!!

P.S. How are you doing all prego like? How far along are you now?

Michele and Wyatt said...

What a great idea! I just might have to copy it next year (if I remember).

Marcy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. When our kids were younger and at home Scott would always take them out for their birthday dinner. They got to choose and everything. When they were young it was places like you went but as they got older the price went up. McGrath's, Romano's and so on. Now I just take them to lunch whenever I please as my days are numbered with them. Ashley married and James leaves for his mission in 6 months, and my baby will be a junior in High School this fall. Enjoy them while you can. It goes by all to fast.

Caldwell's said...

Fun times. I too finally caught up on my blog. It's not so fun to do multiple entries feeling rushed for time. Oh well--it's how we roll sometimes. Still want to schedule a time to have you take family pics for us. Maybe in the Spring?