Monday, March 9, 2009

Are we tired of it yet?

Well, are we sick of this yet? I was uploading these photos onto my computer, and I had so many labeled kids in snow, or snow day, or christmas snow this one is labeled ANOTHER snow storm! I'm going to have to go buy a TON of snow scrapbook paper because of this year!

This is what we woke up to this morning. It was so windy and blustery, the snow was coming down almost sideways. (don't tell my neighbor her house is on my blog!). I warmed up the car to take Ben to school, and had to put it in 4 wheel drive to go through the almost 2 feet of snow that had been blown up against the garage door. (I probably didn't "need" to put it in 4 wheel drive, but it makes me feel all cool and stuff!) Then the garage door wouldn't shut because the wind kept blowing the snow into the sensors that stop the door from closing on a child!

Took Ben to school, went and told steph to get in the car and I would drive her the literally 1 block to the school. On the way, we stopped and picked up as many neighbor kids as we could find at home still! Good times!

Of course the kids got right into the snow as soon as school was over!



Here's some shots of how tall the snow was. We took a yardstick out and measured it at 15 inches deep.







AND, because last time it snowed like this ( about a month ago) the snow sat and melted from the balcony, into my bedroom and then down through the ceiling and onto the carpet of my family room on the main floor - causing the ceiling to bow and my husband to take a knife and poke quarter size holes in my ceiling, we also had to shovel the balcony off as well. For any of you who know the lack of stability on that railing Thomas is leaning on, you know what a dreaded feat this was!

Then when we all came inside from coldness, we got a little glimpse of the storm ending!



Happy almost spring everyone!!!!

9 comments:

Angela said...

So would you be mad if I told that yesterday we were wearing shorts in our 80 degree weather?

Caldwell's said...

Wow, it looks like you guys got pounded with snow... I don't know why they storms have been skipping over Vernal lately. But I'll take it. It's time for Spring.

heath said...

That's way too much snow! Hope it melts soon.

Heather Bell said...

I was amazed at how much we got to!! I'm the same as you I have way to many different snow pics we will ahve to for sure load up on the snow paper!! Love the pics!!

Megan and Mike Glines said...

That is crazy!! Did that much snow kill any of those box elder bugs? I was just laughing when I heard the news, as I sat at my house with about 2 flakes of snow falling.

The Jeppsen 5 said...

Yeah...that was a big ol' storm!! The week before felt like Spring! Matt was talking about getting the lawnmower-hehe. Love all your pictures-even if they are more snow ones :)

Wish upon a Starr said...

Ha,Ha!! We didn't even get half an inch. It's what us Vernalites like to call a light dusting. Very nice!! I'm so ready for warm spring I think if I woke up to that, I would have cried and crawled back into bed.

Emily said...

Too late! You daughter's neighbor saw it :) But, I'm glad! I told them to take a picture for me, but they didn't want to go out in it...so thanks! Sorry to hear about all the trouble the snow caused the house!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Wyatt has been praying for snow like that. I guess he needs to bring his snowmobile to your neck of the woods.