Thursday, January 15, 2009

What? Now it's Abby!

Okay, so first Marshall has a birthday, I handled it pretty well. Didn't even cry. My little 5 year old was so excited to be 5 that it made it hard for me to be sad he was growing up!

But, then my little Abigayle Ella turned 2 on January 7th. NO ONE warned me that I would have a hard time with her being a two year old! I've had two year olds before, it's not like it's new to me. I think the older I get, the longer I want my kids to stay in the stage they're in. Even though I know each new stage has it's own exciting things to enjoy.

So, since I couldn't quiz Abby like I did Marshall, I thought I'd list a few things about her that just melt my heart!

1. I love when I say "I love you Abby" she almost always responds with: "You love me?" like she's so surprised!

2. I love it when I come home from somewhere, or even when I just enter the room she'll give me a hug and say "My mommy"!

3. I love those big blue eyes of hers!

4. I love that she'll come grab my hand and say "you pay wif me!" not so much as a demand, just a heartfelt request!

5. I love that even though we may all be home AND sitting in the same room, she'll go through the family one at a time and say "where's dad?", "where's mom?", "where's Ben?" etc . . .

6. I love that she looks so much like me! My other children don't really look like either Thomas or I, but Abby is ME!!! She looks so much like me!

7. I love that her hair is ramrod straight in the front, and curly Q curly in the back (I'm sure she'll hate it though!)

8. I love that she'll sing on demand her favorite song:
"I love you
you love me
were a happy family
with a great big hug (and we can't continue singing until she hugs someone)
and a kiss from me to you (yup, gotta have a kiss too!)
won't you say you love me too! "

I love that the last word of this song is ALWAYS sang about 10 notes higher than the rest of the song, and she holds it out for more than twice as long! (tooooooooooooooooooooo!)

9. I love that she has a bookie! She'll bring me a book and say "My bookie!" "You wead by bookie" EVERY two year old should have a bookie!

10. I love that I've been able to enjoy such a beautiful little girl in our home for the past 2 years!

Happy birthday my Abby!



Here's abby's photo shoot (same time and place as Marshall's. There were these huge ducks and geese, and Abby was a little nervous about them!) I had a hard time getting her to look at the camera!











Abby was helping me set up for a school photo shoot the other day, she was my lighting model! It appears that she is better at smiling for the camera when I didn't intend on using the photo at all!