Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Year Begins!

2009 began with everyone in the whole world waiting up for Marshall's birthday! We've been telling him this for 4 years now! Sadly, this year he was asleep at 12:01 when we all screamed "Happy Birthday!" instead of "Happy New Year!"

So, 5 years ago I had a beautiful little "Angel Baby" placed into my arms. We named him Marshall Mansfield Rust. I got pregnant with him after a painful miscarriage at 18 weeks along. The doctor said to wait before getting pregnant again. Somehow I just new that all the pain would go away as soon as I could hold a new baby in my arms. Sure enough, the moment he was placed into my arms all the previous pain was turned into great happiness. It was from that time on that I referred to him as my "Angel Baby". He just everything all right again.

Well, my little Angel baby still has a smile that makes all the pain go away!

Here are some cute questions I asked him. I found these on my friends blog:

1. What is something mom always says to you?
"When I ask her to play with me with something, she says 'just a minute'
2. What makes mom happy
"Giving her something like letters"
3. What makes mom sad
"not giving her letters"
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
"by sharing funny jokes like 'how does a tree move? with a trunk'
5. What was your mom like as a child?
"being good"
6. How tall is your mom?
"I don't know, how tall are you?"
7. How old is your mom?
"22" (bless the boy, he really is my Angel Baby)
8. What is mom's favorite thing to do?
"clean up" (after seeing my look he adds "nooooo" and adds "Making your son laugh")
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
"looks for me"
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
"I don't know" laughing.
11. What is your mom really good at?
"cleaning"
12. What is your mom not really good at?
"I don't know" shrug of shoulders
13. What is your mom's favorite food
"sandwiches with lettuce"
14. What makes you proud of your mom?
"with playing with my toys with me"
15. What is your mom's job?
"I don't know"
16. What do you and your mom do together?
"play"
17. How are you and your mom the same?
"were not the same"
18. How are you and your mom different?
"since we have different hair"
19. How do you know your mom loves you?
"helps me put up my toys"

Here's some pics of marshall's bday party. Here he is with his friends sliding down another of our meek little hills in the back yard. l-r marshall, kayla lentini, shaelee taylor, tanner bell, hunter everton, ben johnson. Then there's the cake! He wanted a snow party.


Here's the cake mom made at grandmas house. We were in Vernal celebrating New Years Day/Marshall's B-day. We took him to a all you can eat restaurant with a buffet so he could eat WHATEVER he wanted!

Marshall got some "Planet Heroes" for both Christmas and his birthday. Putting them together with the "Rescue Heroes" that were handed down from Benjamin, he now has quite the collection of toys. We pushed the dinning room table out of the way today, and brought them all down and played together!
This one cracks me up. After killing the bad guys, everyone goes to get smoothies! That's what the little pink house up on top was! The smoothie store! I HAD to add it in when I took this picture!
Here's Marshall's 5 year old pics. Sadly anything there is too celebrate also warrants a photo shoot! I think this is his 3rd "official" photo shoot this year! These were taken at First Dam in Logan. (I know that everyone in my family is laughing because I took some dam pictures - special shout out to Megan!!!!) We got this one pose because we had about 10 minutes to do him and Abby before I had to leave Logan to get him to preschool all the way back in Brigham!






I Love you Marshall! Thanks for always and forever being my Angel Baby!

9 comments:

tina said...

I can't believe he didn't know what your job was. Maybe you need to take MORE pictures!!!

The Jeppsen 5 said...

Love that post!! His answers were cute! And I love all the dam pictures-hehe :)

Angela said...

We are up to our eyeballs in Planet Heroes at our house. I think we need to get our boys together--they would have as much fun as we did.

Tara L. said...

What a great post. I love the cake. I am so sorry you had to deal with a miscarriage. I had 1 at 12 weeks, and then 1 at 10 weeks before I had Lindsay. I wouldn't wish that on my worst ememy, let alone a cute friend like you. I can so relate to "Angel babies." Happy Birthday Marshall.

Megan and Mike Glines said...

You must be talking about little Megan, because I would never say the D word. You must not know me very well at all. Marshall's answers are so very cute. That is such a good idea!

Wish upon a Starr said...

Those are some cute pics. He looks so old! And the cakes are way cute too!! Happy Birthday Marshall, sorry for missing the party here. We love you though!!!

Justin &Tammy Taylor said...

I love the pictures! He is going to make such a handsome son-in-law some day!!! Haha. I can't believe the kids are FIVE this year.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I love the idea of the questions. I think I will steal that idea on my kids birthday's. I love all your pictures. Your kids are so cute. So was he the first baby born of the year, did you get all the presents they offer for the first? By the way my Mom took our header picture in her yard. I think she did a pretty good job for not being a professional!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Birthday Marshall. I love his answers to your questions. Especially, "What does your mom do when your not around". Duh mom, of course you are going to look for me. So cute.