Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Snow Storm

I love a good snow storm. A heavy snow when you have no where to go, and nothing to do, is the prettiest thing to watch! But, for the kids, right after the storm is when the fun begins! So, Christmas morning-day-evening as it snowed and snowed and snowed and no plows came through, it felt so Christmasy. Everything was gorgeous! The next day, the plows come through bright and early, and my husband grabs a snow shovel and heads out to dig us out! Soon the kids get all bundled up to enjoy the snow. Even little Abby dons her new Christmas coat, puts on her hand-me-down boots and gloves and heads out to be part of the best storm of the year!

Soon even mom decides she's missing out on the fun, and bundles up (camera in hand!!!!!) so as not to be left out of the giggles!

This is our itty bitty little evergreen tree! Last year I read in Martha Stewart how fun it would be to decorate an outdoor christmas tree - so I did! Lights, bulbs, squiggly little glass things . . . so pretty! This year I never got around to it.



Abby just kinda toddled around behind dad. As his shovel cleared a space, she'd step into it and wait for the next space to clear!


Then it was time for the sleds. This shows our adventuresome nature, we went sledding in our driveway!



yes, sometimes I hand over the camera and end up in a pic or two!










This was their little sledding hill made on the front lawn!



here's a better view of the little sledding hill! Did I emphasize little??? Or how non adventuresome we are!!






7 comments:

Cyndi said...

how fun! I love getting involved and having fun with my kids. I love their laughter... I think your hill looks awesome! :)

The Jeppsen 5 said...

So FUN!! As soon as I read "snow" in the post, I had to scroll down and see all the pictures-I knew they'd be beautiful! Love 'em! What a fun Christmas!!

Wish upon a Starr said...

Your hill is just the right size. Yea, maybe in another year or two you might have to find another, bigger one, but for now it is just right!!

Lori Muir said...

Well, it's not quite the hill you had growing up:) but I guess it will do. How fun. Our front lawn turned into snow fort central. I have all these little snow forts scattered all through the yard (one of them is huge and was made with the help of a back hoe). I haven't got around to taking pics of it. Maybe tomorrow. Looks like it was a fun Christmas.

Cameron and Amy said...

Such a cute family you have. Your hill is big enough for your kids, so it's the perfect size. I'll email you soon. We'll talk cameras!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Looks like fun. I like the idea of sledding from the house. Then when you are cold you can just go inside and warm up.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I love the pictures. So fun sledding right out your front door. That is definitely my kind of sledding. Happy New Year.