Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween at the Rusts!

Well, I'm finally getting down to updating our blog! Yes, we did Halloween this year!! Marshall got to go with his preschool group to a fun little pumpkin patch in Corinne. They put all the kids and moms on a truck drawn hay wagon and took us deep into some fields. When we got to the pumpkin patch with the BIGGEST pumpkins ever, they let all the people off and the 25 preschool kids got to pick ANY pumpkin they wanted! I drove the "Trail"blazer (I put that in there for you Mike :-) with two other moms and their boys plus Marshall and one other boy whose mom couldn't come. So I had every seat full, and 4 boys picking GINORMOUS pumpkins, and we had to haul them from the wagon to the "TRAIL"blazer (wouldn't have fit in a plain BLAZER, mike!) and then had to balance them precariously on top of each other to make sure they would all fit!

Thought I was going to have to leave the boys at the pumpkin patch!! Here's Marshall's pumpkin - gee, they seemed alot bigger in real life!



Then, we couldn't leave the other kids out, everyone needs a pumpkin on Halloween! Brigham City has a plethora of fruit stand that sell pumpkins in the fall. It's so much better than buying them from the grocery store! See the price there, EACH AND EVERY PUMPKIN was 2/1.00! They weren't as big as the one's in the farmers field, but they had a mini hay maze for kids to play around in, and everyone found a pumpkin suited for them!

Notice how NONE of my kids look at the camera when I take their picture . . .

Then it was time for the carving of the pumpkins. Check out Marshall's pumpkin! I debated about putting him in it, he probably would have fit!! Can you imagine putting 4 pumpkins that size plus 4 kids and 3 adults in a vehicle!


I didn't get a ton of pics of the carving, that was the same night that I did my Halloween Photo Party. So in between running to the studio for appointments, I'd run upstairs and join in the festivities!

We love halloween at our house! Here's the link to the kids in their halloween costumes. To clear it all up, Benjamin is a Ninja, Stephanie is a witch, Marshal is a . . . Motorcycle and rider, and little Abby is Piglet!
We didn't have a lot of trick-or-treaters this year, we had a ton of candy left over - DANG IT! We'll have to make sure it gets taken care of somehow!
The dentist is offering to buy it back from his patients . . . hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

2 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

You got pumpkins 2/$1.00? I went to the one, and only one, fresh whatever stand and guess how much they charged?! The cheepest one was $7.00, that would be Matthews, so the smallest. I was robbed!! I did wait till the last day (halloween day) to get them and the other pumpkins were picked over. Robbery!!!

The Jeppsen 5 said...

Love all the pictures! That pumpkin is as big as he is!!