Friday, May 30, 2008

Stephanie's Turn!

Okay, one down three to go! Granted, it's now a day later! So much for doing some dishes and then getting right back to the blog!

Here's my Stephanie! Stephanie is my "mini me"! Our personalities are so much alike, sometimes it's a blast, and sometimes it does cause a little tension! We both like to be in control! My mom is probably laughing right now and saying "She got her mother's curse"!

Stephanie turned 8 in March, and that brought a whole list of thing she got to do. Her birthday was acutally on Easter this year, and she played that for all it was worth! She opened her new baptism dress on her birthday. Lucky me that she's a girly girl, because I really enjoyed buying her a poofy frilly dress! She was baptised a few days after her birthday, and looked absolutely beautiful! This picture is her on her birthday trying on the dress for the first time!













Stephanie also got to start going to Activity Days! I am the 10/11 year old activity day leader, but over the summer we're combining with the 8/9 year old group. She was really excited that she got to be with her mom for activity days, even if it's only for a little while! This is Stephanie at our last activity. We went to a local green house and they got to plant a snapdragon for their moms!












Stephanie loves school, she is quite the little social butterfly! I don't think she's had the same friend over more than once. When she does, I know that that must be one special little friend! The teacher says that it's hard to move her desk, because no matter where she gets moved to, she makes best friends with whoever she sits by! (wait a minute mom, how did I get Megan's mother's curse too?????) Here's Stephanie with her class at the school dance festival!













Stephanie is not afraid of anything, she will give a talk in primary, bear her testimony at church, give an oral report in class, climb a rock wall, whatever she want to do she just grits her teeth, and gets to work. Stephanie absolutely ADORES her little sister. We moved Abby into Stephanie's room a little less than a year ago, and every morning when I wake stephanie up for school, I can hear the two of them in there just a talkin' away! I am so lucky to have two boys and two girls, because they each have a little buddy to play with!

I love watching Stephanie, because I always imagine myself responding to situations the same way I see her respond. Some times I'm elated, some times a little dissapointed, but always just totally in love with that daughter of mine!

Here's Stephanie's snow pic, and her and Benjamin climbing a rock wall at the school carnival. For any one who knows Ben, that was quite a feat! For Stephanie, it was a contest to beat her brother!





No comments: